In the wake of the rising number of COVID-19 cases, Maharashtra Government has imposed strict lockdown like restrictions in the state for the next 15 days starting 8 pm tomorrow till 7 am of 1st May.
This was announced by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray in his public address this evening. The CM said that these restrictions are necessary, however, he will not call it a lockdown.
The restrictions are as follows:-
1. Section 144 will be imposed in the state from tomorrow. Nobody will step out of the house unless necessary. All establishments, public places, activities to remain closed.
2. Only essential services will be open from 7 am to 8 pm.
3. Public transport will be open, but only people involved in essential services can use it.
4. petrol pumps, financial institutions associated with SEBI and construction work to continue
5. Hotel/ restaurants to remain closed only take-away, home deliveries allowed.
In the wake of the above restrictions to aid the need, poor people will be given 2kgs of wheat and 3 kgs of rice for a month. Also, "Shiv Bhojan" by the state government will be given for free. Certain funds has also been also be announced for poor people affected by lockdown under schemes of central and state government.