Tamil Nadu Government has issued further fresh restrictions valid till 30th April 2021 in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic.
Salient features of the restrictions are as follows:-
1. Tiruvizhakal and religious congregations shall remain prohibited.
2. Fruits and Vegetable retail outlets in Koyambedu Market Complex shall be prohibited. Similarly, fruits and vegetable retail outlets in Wholesale Markets in all the districts shall also remain prohibited.
3. Industries shall be permitted to function by strictly following the SOP issued by the Government. The Industries establishment shall arrange for the vaccination of their employees based on the guidelines issued by the Government of India from time to time and stern action would be initiated against the industries and organisation in case of violation of the Standard Operating Procedures,
4. By following the SOP, both public and private intra-state bus transport and Metropolitan Buses operated in Greater Chennai limits shall be permitted. However, the passengers should be restricted to seating capacity available in the buses and passengers shall not be permitted to travel standing.
5. Buses to Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka will continue to be operated. But people will not be allowed to travel standing.
6. All shops including malls, showrooms and vegetable shops will be allowed to be operated but only till 11 pm and at 50 per cent customer capacity and by strictly following the SOP like wearings masks, social distancing and hand sanitisation.
7. Restaurants, tea shops and food courts can operate with 50 per cent capacity up to 11 pm. Take away will be permitted up to 11 pm.
8. Cinema halls, recreation clubs, entertainment parks shall be allowed to operate at only 50 per cent capacity. Takeaways will be allowed till 11 pm.
9. All social, political, entertainment, sports, cultural, academic and entertainment functions shall be permitted in closed spaces with a maximum ceiling of 200 persons after duly following the SOP.
10. Marriages will be permitted with maximum of 100 guests and the number of persons for funerals shall not exceed 50.
11. Sports programmes can be conducted but spectators shall not be allowed.
12. Swimming pools shall be permitted only for sports training.
13. All religious places / places of worship shall be permitted for public worship till 8 pm by strictly following the SOP. However, the public are not allowed during essential rituals.
14. Shooting of cinema and TV serials can be conducted, but everybody involved needs to undergo RTPCR Tests / Vaccination.
15. Rental Vehicles and Taxis including Cab aggregation have already been permitted to ply with three passengers excluding the driver from 1st July 2020. However, there will be a strict restriction regarding the number of passengers.
16. Autos shall also be strictly continued to allowed to ply with only two passengers.
17. The E-registration system shall continue to be in force for the persons coming to Tamil Nadu from other states (except Puducherry, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh) and other countries.
Aiming to contain the spread of the disease, field teams would be formed in each of the zones of Chennai and all the districts of the state to monitor the situation. The situation will also be monitored continuously in containment zones and focus volunteers will also cater to essential needs of those living in containment zones.