Cinema theatres across the country will be open for the public from tomorrow.
It will be very interesting to see if the people go to theatres again or COVID-19 keeps them away from cinema halls.
Centre has issued SOPs for film exhibition as follows:
1. The seating arrangements shall be restricted to 50 per cent of the seating capacity.
2. Thermal screening of all visitors/staffs.
3. Multiplex show timings shall be staggered, so as to not have overlap of show timings.
4. Temperature setting shall be in the range of 24°- 30°c.
5. Adequate physical distancing should be maintained at all times.
6. Use of face covers/masks are a must.
7. Frequent hand washing should be followed.
8. Provision of hand sanitizers should be ensured.
9. Respiratory etiquettes, like covering of mouth while coughing, sneezing etc., should be followed.
10. Digital no-contact transactions should be the most preferred mode for issue/verification/payments for tickets, food, and beverages, etc. by using online bookings, use of e-wallets, QR code scanners, etc.
11. Contact number shall be taken at the time of booking of tickets to facilitate contact tracing.
12. The purchase of tickets at the box office shall be open throughout the day and advance booking shall be allowed to avoid crowding at the sale counters. A sufficient number of counters at the box office shall be opened with adequate physical distancing.
The theatres are also marking "not to be occupied" seats to ensure social distancing.