The Telangana Government has extended the lockdown till the 9th of June with certain modifications to curb the chain of COVID-19.
Features of the lockdown are as follows:-
- The lockdown will be applicable from 2 pm to 6 am of the following day. The lockdown restrictions shall not apply from 6 am to 2 pm.
- Shops, offices, establishments shall close by 1 pm.
- Passenger vehicles will be regulated at the state borders and only people with e-passes will be allowed permitted. No restriction on the movement of commodities.
- All public transport services including Hyderabad Metro will be permitted from 6 am to 2 pm only. However, Healthcare workers and people for accessing emergency medical services shall be permitted.
- Operation of all inter-state buses shall stand suspended.
- If a person who is required to follow home isolation fails to observe the same, he/she will be liable for penal action and moved to a government isolation facility.
- Marriage Gatherings allowed with 40 persons.
- In funerals/last rites 20 people will be allowed.
- All religious places will remain closed to the public.
- All public, sports, social, cultural, entertainment, academic gatherings shall remain prohibited.
- All pregnant women who are expected to deliver during the period will be listed, monitored and assisted by medical staff to ensure institutional delivery.
- E-commerce delivery of food, pharmaceuticals and medical equipment shall be permitted.
- Only takeaway allowed from restaurants.
Meanwhile, the state reported 1,801 new cases, 3660 new recoveries and 16 new deaths yesterday. The number of active cases in the state stand at 35,042.